Mixing patterns, colours and textures can be tricky. But when done right, the outcome is nothing short of spectacular! Take a few style lessons from these ladies and you’ll be mixing things up like a pro in no time…
Click on image for source
sequin jacket + camo pants via Wendy’s Lookbook
sequins + stripes + tulle + leather via Wendy’s Lookbook
gingham shirt + lace skirt via Gal Meets Glam
striped tee + quilted leather mini + leopard slip on sneakers via Gal Meets Glam
striped dress + floral jacket via Atlantic-Pacific
striped tee + aztec print pants + leather moto jacket via Neon Blush
breton stripe top + flower brocade skirt via Tuula
striped tee + colorblocked coat via Grazia IT
snakeprint jeans + leopard heels via Song of Style
floral jacket + embroidered skirt via Viva Luxury
sweet print dress + camo jacket via Sincerely Jules
pinstriped shirt + checkered coat + ripped denim via Song of Style
striped tee + leopard coat + leather mini skirt via Sincerely Jules
lace top + camo pants via Sincerely Jules
python skirt + mini leopard bag via Sincerely Jules
Have you ever tried mixing patterns or materials before?
- If you’re a bit nervous about mixing patterns, try mixing textures like ruffles and lace, studs and denim or sequins and tulle.
- You can also mix a pattern with a texture like a floral top with lace shorts or camo pants with a sequined jacket.
- Pair an animal print bag or heels with your printed jeans for more subtle mixing.
- Stick with one colour palette.
- And most important, don’t forget to have fun!
I think I’ll give it a shot this spring…