Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you. – Walt Whitman
It’s pretty cold and gloomy here today and I was feeling a bit under the weather until I received a really sweet comment on one of my posts. Kelly of 365 Days of Thank You nominated me for a Sunshine Award! Kelly has made it her mission to thank 365 different people who have helped her become the person she is today. This is such an amazing idea. Her post The “C” Word really hit home for me! I was shocked by how similar our experiences were from diagnosis to surgery to recovery. It’s such a blessing to be able to connect with someone who also fought and beat thyroid cancer.
I started this blog just a little over a month ago to share my experiences, both good and bad. At first, I wasn’t sure if I had much to say but as it turns out I really do! I enjoy writing every day and it truly has been a blessing. I’m grateful for everyone who reads my posts and finds them interesting and “inspirational”.
Now it’s time to spread the sunshine!
The rules are:
1. Include the Sunshine Award icon in your post
2. Link to the blogger who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
5. Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them.
6. Answer the 10 questions at the bottom and create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
So 10 Questions About Me:
1. What famous figure, living or dead, would you like to share a meal with?
Hmmmm… tough question. I would have to choose Nick Vujicic. He is so inspirational. Nic was born without arms or legs but he refuses to let his physical condition limit his lifestyle. He’s an author, musician, actor and motivational speaker. It would be such an honour to sit down and have a conversation with him. And Nic, if you’re reading this, feel free to contact me:)
2. If you were an instrument in an orchestra, what would you be?
I would definitely be a violin.
3. What is your favorite Ben and Jerry’s flavor?
Ben and Jerry’s isn’t my top ice cream pick. But my favorite ice cream flavor in general would be….do I really have to choose?! Ok fine.. I guess it would be Amaretto:)
4. Favorite way to travel: plane, train, or automobile?
I love traveling by train! I used to take the VIA Rail from London, Ontario to Toronto at least once a month while at university. I love watching the lush greenery go by.
5. Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts?
Starbucks all the way!
6. How do you “pay it forward”?
I really love volunteering! Right now, I spend a great deal of time volunteering with the Canadian Cancer Society. I just want to use my cancer experience to help others.
7. What must you have on your iPod?
I actually don’t own an iPod right now. I still listen to *N Sync a lot and Justin Timberlake. I’m also a huge oldies fan. I love disco, 80’s freestyle and every Prince song there is.
8. Why do you blog?
I blog to share my experiences with others. If reading about my experiences helps someone out or makes someone smile, I’m happy. It’s also been a great outlet for me. My mind is always going a mile a minute and instead of driving my friends crazy with my ramblings, I just write everything down. They still read my blog though:)
9. Where do you go when you want to get away?
When I want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, I usually take the ferry over to Toronto Islands. It’s like being transported to a different world. I love walking along the boardwalk and watching the sailboats go by. It’s so serene.
10. Best movie, ever?
Ahhhhh… this is the most difficult question anyone could ever ask me! I have so many favourites…but if I had to choose just one it would be Life as a House. Kevin Kline is such an amazing actor! I’ve watched it a million times and it never gets old. I’m a real softie and I love movies that make me cry.
The bloggers that bring a bit of sunshine to my days are:
10 Questions for My Nominees:
1. What’s the most difficult thing you’ve ever experienced and how did it change you?
2. What’s the number one thing on your bucket list?
3. Why did you start blogging?
4. If you could witness any historical moment, which would you choose?
5. If you could meet one person in the world who would it be and why?
6. What sound do you absolutely love?
7. Best book you’ve ever read?
8. If you won the lottery today, what is the first thing you would do?
9. Favorite vacation spot?
10. What was the last movie you watched that made you cry?